Piranha is a front end for LVS (layer 4 load balancing)....
So I'm assuming that all your Piranha box was doing was forwarding
port 443 & 80 to your two servers...

So just set up HAProxy in TCP mode for port 80 & 443.

Test it , and then when you are happy point your DNS at it.

On 8 September 2015 at 20:23, Jonathan Matthews <cont...@jpluscplusm.com> wrote:
> On 8 Sep 2015 20:07, "Daniel Zenczak" <dani...@zoosociety.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>>                 First time caller, short time listener. So this is the
>> deal.  My organization was running a CentOS box with Piranha on it to work
>> as our load balancer between our two web servers.  Well the CentOS box was a
>> Gateway workstation from 2000 and it finally gave up the ghost.
>
> May I suggest you reconsider migrating your hardware and software at the
> same time, both whilst under pressure? It will be massively simpler to
> install your preexisting choice of (known "good") software on your new
> hardware.
>
> Jonathan

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.