Hi,

thanks very much, I went a little deeper about Cipher Suite.

Now I changed the ciphers list supported by our haproxy LBs and

increased the security level (always trying to keep ciphers that support old

clients that still use our services - like XP/IE8).

I tried successfully Decrypting a trace file with Wireshark, taken with
tcpdump. Setting NOT-Ephemeral

Ciphers on haproxy LBs (temporary disabling DHE, EDH chippers on haproxy LBs).

At least for the most part the trace file was Decrypted an shown correctly, but
we see some parts that appear

as TCP or TLSv1.2 or SSL type “XXX Segment of a reassembled PDU”:

[cid:image002.png@01D1C1A9.2BA67CA0]

apparently of only few bytes, but if we point on the SSL/TLS layer field
“Encrypted Application Data” we see lot of data.

[cid:image003.png@01D1C1AB.04BE6510]

We can see also 3 tabs for that line:  Frame, Reasembled TCP and Decrypted SSL
Data, so we can see Decrypted Data,

and also show as HTTP if we Follow TCP traffic.

[cid:image001.png@01D1C1AC.AE248660]

I discovered that in Wireshark TCP protocol preference “Allow Subdissector to
reassemble TCP streams” allow me to see

Decrypted Traffic, do you know about some other Wireshark configuration about
these SSL / TCP reassembled PDU so

these can be seen differently in the Wireshark ?

As soon as possible I'll try the Ephemeral case Decryption using client session
keys (as Igor suggested),

also if it is more difficult as I see there are different ssl handshake so it
is not so clear

if Browser append or overwrite session key files and if it is simple to put in
relationship

and to correctly analyze with wireshark these different SSL/HTTP stream, I
think.

Probably in HAproxy it could be implemented a kind of virtual network interface
mechanism that tcpdump could connect

to retrieve the Decrypted Traffic, so achieve less dependency from external
tools and less original environment “contamination / manipulation”.

For haproxy "option  http-ignore-probes" I think this is a solution to test
before, to evaluate what client see.

In my experience for Browsers that have problems correctly managing pre-connect
and graceful TCP session closing,

not emitting 408 can totally hide problems that need to be analyzer and
explained to avoid strange and hidden behavior.

Also if 408 is not an infrastructure problem, the customer perception can be
different... I know also that these 408/400

can distort the statistics, but is not a simple choice.

Roberto