On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 06:36:20PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> I'd say, it's chicken and egg situation. Whichever comes first, tests or CI.
> if we start a CI with "just build", it will evolve, people will start
> writing tests (I beleive so)

I tend to believe it as well. However what I'm less convinced about is
the long term maintenance of such an infrastructure. People tend to
volunteer to set up stuff initially because it improves a situation but
after 3 or 4 years they have other things to do and nobody maintains
what they built anymore. We've seen this in the past with other stuff
like a translated version of the web site for example. It's more
important to spot who is willing to step up on this and to be sure to
maintain it for a while and at least long enough to pass it to someone
else once they start to get fed up.

Cheers,