On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 05:58:22PM +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Willy,
>
> Am 24.08.2018 um 14:53 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> > Applied, thank you Fred.
> >

> While you updated the commit reference in the commit message of the
> reg-test patch you forgot to do so in the reg-test itself. It still
> refers to 7b6cc52784526c32efda44b873a4258d3ae0b8c7 (which does not
> exist, because the hash changed when applying).

Ah yes good catch, thank you.

> Frederic: That's why I believe that reg-tests should be provided in the
> commit fixing the issue, instead of being provided in a separate commit.

I generally agree with this principle so that it also eases backporting
of the tests. The main use I'm seeing of regtests related to bugs is to
test if a backport works as expected. We're still exploring this area,
I predict we'll go back and forth between different methods until we
figure which one is the most suited to everyone's use case.

Cheers,