On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 05:13:00PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi William.
>
> Sorry for my lack of knowledge and my curiosity, you know I'm always curious
> ;-), but for which usecase can I use this feature?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Aleks

Hi Aleks,

With a nbproc setup, the first goal is to be able to access multiple stats
sockets from one socket.

In a more "modern" nbthread setup, it's possible to have only one worker, but
we still fork a new process upon a reload.
The problem is that at the moment it's not possible to connect to the stats
socket of a process which is leaving. Sometimes it's really useful to debug and
see the session which are still connected on the old process. And that's the
ultimate goal of this feature (not covered yet, but soon :-) )

It also implements a "show proc" which lists the PIDs of the processes.

William Lallemand