Am 23.01.2019 um 21:27 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 09:08:00PM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
>> Should it be possible to have fe with h1 and be server h2(alpn h2), as I
>> expect this or similar return value when I go thru haproxy?
>
> Yes absolutely. That's even what I'm doing on my tests to try to fix
> the issues reported by Luke.

Okay, perfect.

Would you like to share your config so that I can see what's wrong with my
config, thanks.

>> I haven't seen any log option to get the backend request method, I think this
>> should be a feature request ;-).
>
> What do you mean with "backend request method" precisely ?

As the log is for frontends It would be nice to be able to get this infos from
below also for the backend to see what was send to the backend server.
The problem what I see is that a tcpdump/tshark does not help to see what's
transfered on the wire when the backend talks via TLS.

https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.9/configuration.html#8.2.4

### current variables

  | H | %HM  | HTTP method (ex: POST)                        | string      |
  | H | %HP  | HTTP request URI without query string (path)  | string      |
  | H | %HQ  | HTTP request URI query string (ex: ?bar=baz)  | string      |
  | H | %HU  | HTTP request URI (ex: /foo?bar=baz)           | string      |
  | H | %HV  | HTTP version (ex: HTTP/1.0)                   | string      |

Possible new
  | H | %bM  | Backend HTTP method (ex: POST)                        | string
   |
  | H | %bP  | Backend HTTP request URI without query string (path)  | string
   |
  | H | %bQ  | Backend HTTP request URI query string (ex: ?bar=baz)  | string
   |
  | H | %bU  | Backend HTTP request URI (ex: /foo?bar=baz)           | string
   |
  | H | %bV  | Backend HTTP version (ex: HTTP/1.0)                   | string

###

> Willy

Aleks