On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 9:36 AM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Hi Baptiste,
>
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 03:55:37PM +0100, Baptiste wrote:
> > I think one of the most important piece is guide lines on integrating
> > HAProxy with third parties, IE: Observing HAProxy with influxdb, HAProxy
> as
> > a Kubernetes External Load-balancer, Service discovery with consul, and
> so
> > on.
> > I don't really know where to put those in the summary you proposed, but
> > that's what I want to see in such wiki :)
>
> For me it falls perfectly into the advanced use cases which aim at
> covering interfacing with third-party products.
>
> Since I got no objection to the proposed plan, I've just created the
> wiki's home page, and copy-pasted the proposed plan into a temporary
> page that will serve as a guide about what can be worked on. I'll try
> to devote a bit of time to this, those who always dreamed about
> revamping the old architecture manual are welcome if they want to work
> on this. My hope is that we can quickly delete the architecture.txt
> file from the source repository :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Willy

I just cloned the repo :)
How should we organize directories and pages?
IE for TLS offloading:
  /common/acceleration/tls_offloading.md ?
I think it's quite important to agree on it now, because the folders will
be part of the URL indexed by google :)

I am not fan of the "advanced use cases" title, but we can brainstorm this
later. And I wonder how / where we should put integration with third
parties (kubernetes, docker, consul, influxdb, grafana, prometheus,
etc...). I would like to have a page for each of these items.
This will also help third party maintainers to push their integration
documentation into this wiki, even if the page is just a link to their own
documentation.

Baptiste