*From:* Luke Seelenbinder [mailto:l...@sermonaudio.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 10:07 EDT
*To:* HAProxy <haproxy@formilux.org>
*Subject:* Case Sensitive Headers

Hello List,

I have a painful case of noncompliance to report and figure out how to fix.

When HTX is enabled, all headers are returned in lower case (e.g., content-length, date, etc.). This is obviously fine and within spec. Unfortunately, I'm using a rather frustrating piece of software (Wowza) that talks to an haproxy instance and Wowza requires that the content-length header is always camel case, i.e., Content-Length, otherwise requests fail.

I tried using http-response set-header Content-Length %[res.hdr(content-length)] if { res.hdr(content-length) -m found } to force the value to upper case, but that didn't help.

This is very obviously a case of badly behaving software and not a problem with HAProxy, but I'm wondering if there's any other way to force that header to Content-Length without turning HTX off.

Thanks for any ideas!

Best,
Luke

—
*Luke Seelenbinder*
SermonAudio.com <http://sermonaudio.com> | Senior Software Engineer

This is just a stab in the dark, but try deleting the header, then adding it back. For example

http-response set-var(res.conlen) res.hdr(content-length)
http-response del-header content-length
http-response set-header Content-Length %[var(res.conlen)] if { var(res.conlen) -m found }

-Patrick