De : Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 7 août 2019 12:38
À : HAProxy; William Lallemand
Objet : [cache] allow caching of OPTIONS request

Hi there,

Please find in attachement a couple of patches to allow caching responses to
OPTIONS requests, used in CORS pattern.
In modern API where CORS is applied, there may be a bunch of OPTIONS requests
coming in to the API servers, so caching these responses will improve API
response time and lower the load on the servers.
Given that HAProxy does not yet support the Vary header, this means this
feature is useful in a single case, when the server send the following header
"set access-control-allow-origin: *".

William, can you check if my patches look correct, or if this is totally wrong
and then I'll open an issue on github for tracking this one.

Baptiste