Hi Willy,

This morning, I found another case where haproxy 2.0 abnormally consumes the cpu. It occured on my laptop when my network was not setup yet.

I could find a simple reproducer :
  listen test
    mode http
    bind :8888
    server s1 10.0.0.1:8888

then, curl http://localhost:8888/

10.0.0.1 is unreachable and the connection stays in SYN_SENT, but haproxy progressively raises to 100% CPU even after stopping curl.
running a second curl will raise the CPU up to 200%, etc...

I think I'll have time to investigate tonight but maybe you'll find the issue and the fix before me ;)

It looks to be very specific to the 2.0 branch, I can't reproduce it in 1.9 and 2.1.

--
Cyril Bonté