On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:49:20AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Excellent, I think you caught it! I can reproduce it here, except that
> it doesn't last long, as soon as I get the socket error it's done. So
> we indeed broke something in the connection setup.

Bug kindly brought to you by your benevolent dictator :

  commit d58f27feadbc71c947fa0810f49552a94c60dc9a (refs/bisect/bad)
  Author: Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>
  Date:   Mon Jun 3 10:12:22 2019 +0200

    MINOR: mux-h1: don't try to recv() before the connection is ready

    Just as we already do in h1_send(), if the connection is not yet ready,
    do not proceed and instead subscribe. This avoids a needless recvfrom()
    and subscription to polling for a case which will never work since the
    request was not even sent.

I think the subscription prevents us from performing a synchronous
operation somewhere, I'll check.