Hey,

thanks for mentioning rand, I didn't know about it... With some rand()s I was
able to generate a UUID, I'll have to do some performance checks, but I think
it will be fair enough. Then we don't need a %uuid or similar from my point of
view.

Thanks,
Luca

On 03.09.19, 10:34, "li...@ltri.eu on behalf of Lukas Tribus" <li...@ltri.eu>
wrote:

    Hello Luca,

    On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 09:18, Schimweg, Luca <luca.schim...@sap.com> wrote:

    > Hey,
    >

    > for one use case I have, I would need a variable like %uuid in
log-formats,
    > which just generates a random UUID. The use-case would be, to be able
    > to set the unique-id-format to this uuid, so that we can have a random
uuid
    > set as request-id for any incoming request. Right now, it’s quite
difficult to
    > get a random and unique request-id, the random uuid approach would
    > definitely help with that.

    I assume the rand [1] does not suffice. In this case, I'd suggest to
    use LUA for this, maybe by using some library like lua-resty-jit-uuid
    [2].

    Lukas

    [1] https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.9/configuration.html#7.3.2-rand
    [2] https://github.com/thibaultcha/lua-resty-jit-uuid