Hi.

Am 25.10.2019 um 11:27 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
Hi all,

I'm just wondering what to do with 1.5. I've checked and it didn't
receive any fix in almost 3 years. The ones recently merged into 1.6
that were possible candidates for 1.5 were not critical enough to
warrant a new release for a long time.

Now I'm wondering, is anyone interested in this branch to still be
maintained ? Should I emit a new release with a few pending fixes
just to flush the pipe and pursue its "critical fixes only" status a
bit further, or should we simply declare it unmaintained ? I'm fine
with either option, it's just that I hate working for no reason, and
this version was released a bit more than 5 years ago now, so I can
easily expect that it has few to no user by now.

Please just let me know what you think,

Well from my point of view is 1.5 not bad bud pretty old. There are some distributions which still use 1.5 and maintain it, from my point of view should they switch to 1.8 as this is a LTS version. I know that's a pretty easy statement but, that's it.

Due to the fact that we have now 5 (1.6,1.7,1.8,1.9,2.0,2.1) Versions which are maintained I suggest to declare 1.5 as EOL, maybe we should also consider to do this also with 1.6 and 1.7.

When we look into the current changes of the Network and the current and upcoming challenges, QUIC/HTTP/3, ESNI, Containerized Setups, dynamic reconfiguration and so on I would like to see that the focus is mainly on that new challenges.

Jm2c.

Best Regards
Aleks