On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 08:57:01AM +0100, Baptiste wrote:
> I tend to agree on setting 1.5 as EOL.
> About 1.6 and 1.7, they could be EOLed in the next 2 years too, as Aleks
> stated, it will "enforce" people to use the latest shiny releases :)

I was more or less thinking about doing 1.6 next year and 1.7 the year
after but am really undecided on this. Both versions work really well
and do not require many maintenance efforts. 1.8 changed a lot of low
level things since, and probably that keeping one of these "pre-mux era"
versions available for some more time does make sense, at least for those
who never intend to upgrade :-)