On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 12:27 PM Aleksandar Lazic <al-hapr...@none.at>
wrote:

> Am 27.10.2019 um 20:16 schrieb David Birdsong:
> > I'm just curious: what replaces monitor-uri? I'm putting up a new proxy
> tier at
> > my new company and can steer to use the more up-to-date method, but
> combing the
> > docs and nothing jumps out at me.
> >
> > I'm guessing something in either http-re{quest,response}, but I don't
> see
> > anything that synthesizes responses in there.
>
> I would think about to use errorfile for this.
>
> https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/2.1/configuration.html#4-errorfile
>
> Could this work?
>
> ```
> global
> default
> frontend
>    use_backend b_health if { path_beg /health }
>
> backend b_health
>    errorfile 200 /etc/haproxy/errorfiles/200health.http
>
> ```

my understanding is that errorfile <code> <file> just sets the full http
response for a given synthesized code, but doesn't actually cause haproxy
to not send to a backend server and return the value for the code specified.

woudn't this return a 503, "no servers" response?

also, what would replace `monitor fail if {stopping}`?