Ilya,

Am 26.01.20 um 19:06 schrieb Илья Шипицин:
> such things are fragile.  once fixed, they can silently break during
> further refactoring.

The function is fairly self contained. I don't expect there to be any
need for refactoring. Also the previous version was fairly elaborate for
a simple task, leading to this bug.

> on other hand, such functions are good candidates to write unit tests.

William's suggestion is "obviously correct" by code review (and my
understanding of the task). While this is a good candidate for unit
tests it's also easy to spot mistakes during code review.

> maybe we should consider things like cmocka ?

While I obviously can't speak for HAProxy Team: Please not more tools.
That just complicates the process for no real gain. We are in a good
situation with VTest and Travis / Cirrus / GitHub Actions. Anything else
just adds moving parts with diminishing returns.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus