On 07.05.20 17:35, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Indeed. I encourage to ping again after one week because usually when you
restart with a new week of work, the previous one is definitely in old
history and will only be revisited by pure luck.

I don't want to look impatient, so I waited 2 weeks. ;-)

With this said, I remember having noticed Tim's ack and was about to take
the series until I noticed there was a first patch with no commit message
to justify the change and postponed the reply because I had other things
to do than to rehash what's already in CONTRIBUTING again and again :-/

I'm not sure how I should read this. I wrote an explanation into the commit message and tried to match already existing messages. If I look at commits in the last days like 0e9d87bf06 or de80201460 there are no very long commit messages either.

If I should write an essay about my use case into the commit message I could do that, but that's something a "first level reviewer" could demand already.

I read the CONTRIBUTING text before submitting my patch, since I don't like to repeat myself also, but it's hard to get everything right in the first patch. Sorry for that.

I really like haproxy and want to give something back, but I'm not sure if I want to do that in the future with the experience I had so far. :-(

- Patrick