Hello,

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 17:14, Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we still run cirrus-ci builds.
> CentOS 6 is EOL.
>
> should we drop it?

I think CentOs6 gives us good feedback about older operating systems
that we may not necessarily want to break.

The question for me is not so much whether we want to test with CentOs
6, it's more about do we want to be aware and fix build issues with
those old systems? If the answer to the latter is yes, then we should
keep the tests. If the answer is no, then we should drop them of
course.

How much of a burden is it to a) keep testing and b) keep supporting
(by making sure it builds) on old kernels, libc and libraries?

I don't have a strong opinion, but I would tend to keep the support
(even though it's EOL). However if this is a continued pain in the
ass, for example with openssl, then it's probably better to drop it.

Lukas