Hello,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 11:32:17PM +0000, Hopkins, Andrew wrote:
> Do you have a preference between 1 and 2? Where does that notification
> go if something does break in the future?

I prefer that we only do a weekly build for now, we already have too
much things in the per push CI. The failures are sent via the github
notifications to the maintainers.

> I have added a dedicated USE_OPENSSL_AWSLC in the updated
> 0001-BUILD-ssl-Build-with-new-cryptographic-library-AWS-LC.patch that
> is attached.
> I took this as an opportunity to add a few sanity checks
> to catch obvious errors when compiling (wrong header files) or during
> library startup (wrong libcrypto library).

That's great, thanks. I looks fine to me, but I would be better to split
your first patch in 3 patches:

- the part for the CI with scripts/build-ssl.sh and .github/matrix.py
- the portage of the reg-tests
- the Makefile and the .c files

> I am going to be out of the office for a week so my response will be
> delayed.

Ok, no worries.

--
William Lallemand