On Fri, Sep 01, 2023 at 01:25:55AM +0000, Hopkins, Andrew wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andrew!

> I have what I think it approaching the final 3 patches attached. I
> cleaned up the first patch so it just includes the code, makefile, and
> documentation changes to support AWS-LC. The second patch disables the
> one FFDH test when HAPRoxy is build with AWS-LC.

I merged these two ones which are fine.

> Finally, the third patch does a few things:

> 1.  Add support to matrix.py to find the latest release of AWS-LC, it
> would be a one line change to add AWS-LC to build on every push in
> matrix.py in the future

> 2. Update matrix.py to have a main function,
> this looks like a big change but is all whitespace. I did this because
> I needed a way to get the latest version in aws-lc.yml. I did that by
> invoking the determine_latest_aws_lc function in the GitHub action,
> I'm open to other suggestions

> 3. Add a weekly build of HAProxy with
> the latest release of AWS-LC with the same schedule as the other
> weekly jobs: Thursdays at 00:00

Seems like you just list what could be 3 differents patches in my
opinion. :-) Also this could have been your commit message too!

I didn't merged this one, there is a lot going on in there. It would be
better to split them for better readibility. We encourage to write micro
commits with only one feature per patch.

I'm fine with the final result though, but could you split it in 3
patches? Thanks

> You can see an example of the run here [1]. Also, I discovered you can
> add `workflow_dispatch` to scheduled tasks so you can manually trigger
> them without having to tweak the cron schedule.
>
> [1] https://github.com/andrewhop/haproxy/actions/runs/6044112377

That's great, that will be useful this way!

Thanks

--
William Lallemand