> El 27/05/2010 11:16, Horodyski Marek (PZUZ) escribió:
>

>> Viktor,
>> ...  Harbour is beautiful, beautiful, and once again fast :)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Marek Horodyski
>>

> Amen !!!!

Well, what stays true from this whole conversation
is we are truly missing documentation. It's also true
that bugging (or insulting) me or other core developers
to make it isn't a working solution, however strong
the emphasis is or however often it is done.

That's still leaves us with the question:

How will Harbour get a documentation?

If anyone has any ideas, pls tell it. I'm ready to
hand off my leader role for someone who is able to
show us the solution and seems able and willing to
lead the project to actual results here.

BTW

Now that we have practically complete compatibility
with xhb, one (indeed idealistic) and also utopistic
solution could be to finally remerge the effort of
xhb and Harbour, where xhb would bring the docs,
and we'd bring the code. This way both parties would
bring its healthy part to the "marriage". xhb leaders
would gain a strong and living codebase for their
payware products, all users would gain good documentation,
and as a "byproduct" the two separate communities
would be merged, which is probably better to keep
[x]Harbour alive as a language, and also for users
seeking to have a compatible Harbour base, and the
option for users to get paid support without having
to chose between "worlds" (this means more potential
market for xhb). "culture clash" could be one potential
problem, but it's not a one-way ticket, since the
sources stay open, so it's easy to back off in case
of some fatal "issue" along the way.

It's not a real argument, but looking around the
FOSS language landscape, I can't see any successful
project which could "afford" such splitting of the
community and the luxury of having two of everything.

So, such merge would IMO be a net win for all parties.

If someone has an opinion on this, particularly
xhb team leaders and our core developers and devoted
brains around this list, please don't hesitate to
express it.

> Some hummor (really?) to ease the day ;)
>
> http://www.kevinwilliampang.com/2008/08/28/top-10-things-that-annoy-programmers/

Not joke, but it's a good one :)