Forget about heating up, the race for '08 is boiling hot.  A new Iowa poll
shows top Democrats Obama, Clinton and Edwards running a three-way race for the
Hawkeye State, locked in a virtual tie for first place.

Tonight, we've got your complete wrap-up of the political week and we're not
messin' around.  Obama supporter Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA), Edwards campaign
manager David Bonior and Clinton campaign national co-chair Rep. Sheila Jackson
Lee (D-TX) will join guest host Mike Barnicle to play Hardball!

Two days into the recovery effort after Wednesday's Minneapolis bridge
collapse, the death toll now stands at six, with eight still missing, and at
least 100 people reported injured.  First Lady Laura Bush took in the scene
today.  President Bush is scheduled to travel to Minneapolis tomorrow.  Rep.
Keith Ellison (D-MN) will be here tonight to talk about the political response
to the catastrophe in his home state.

On Capitol Hill today, the sound of beach bags dropping.  With Congress
readying to take off for recess, President Bush tells members they'll be
staying in session until legislation is passed modernizing terrorism
surveillance rules.  We'll talk about all the news from the Hill and the
campaign trail with tonight's Hardball Panel: MSNBC political analyst Craig
Crawford, Julie Mason from the Houston Chronicle, and Time's Jay Carney.

Thursday night, the Senate defied President Bush's veto threat and passed
legislation to expand health care for an additional 3 million lower-income
children.  Will the new legislation mean healthier kids in America or more
trouble for the U.S. healthcare system?  We'll debate with Carrie Lukas, vice
president for policy and economics at the Independent Women's Forum, and Diana
Zuckerman, president of the National Research Center for Women and Families.
We'll see you right back here next week for another Super Tuesday of all
politics, all day, capped off with MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, host of Countdown,
moderating the AFL-CIO Democratic Presidential Forum live from Soldier Field in
Chicago.  Have a Hardball weekend!

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
and MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.