"Happy Birthday Mrs. President"

Musician Elvis Costello used that twist on the historic birthday song to
serenade Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) during her 60th birthday celebration last
night. Tonight on "Hardball" we'll take an in-depth look at the candidate many
believe could be the first female President. Hardball's David Shuster will have
a report and then we'll hear from Sally Bedell Smith, who spent three years
researching the relationship between Sen. Clinton and her husband in her new
book, "For Love of Politics."

Then, the Politico's Roger Simon with join Smith to discuss Sen. Clinton and
the rest of the '08 presidential field. We'll also hear from Newsweek's Michael
Isikoff, who wrote about the difficulties Bedell and other journalists have had
accessing materials in Bill Clinton's Presidential Library

Plus, which two '08 GOP candidates have now become "comfortable" with each
other on the issue of abortion? And which "hometown" baseball team has Sen.
Clinton seemingly chosen to root for?

We'll look at these stories and recap the week in politics in our roundtable
discussion with Isikoff, MSNBC's Craig Crawford and the San Francisco
Chronicle's Carla Marinucci.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.