-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christoph
Guenther
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:31 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Computer World Editorial on Network Effect

If the author is right on, then what arguments do you use to convince
doctors or decision makers in small hospitals or doctor's offices that
they should implement EHR? What direct benefits would they derive from this?

It becomes a very hard sell if you have to say: "Once everyone is using
EHR everyone will see the benefits but until then it's not clear what
you can gain from it."

Furthermore, unless smaller health care providers implemented EHR in
sufficient numbers, the benefits of EHR will never be fully realized.

What's the way out of this conundrum?

Christoph

Christoph Guenther, Ph.D., CISSP, GSEC