boot to the SATA controller and update the IDE controller drivers back to standard, may re detect and boot.

FWIW I have had good luck going PATA to SATA but not in the other direction for some weird reason ( XP ? )
>:-}
At 11:28 AM 4/29/2005, Thane Sherrington Poked the stick with:
I'm trying to ghost my system from the current SATA drive to a PATA drive (I'm moving the SATA elsewhere.)  It clones fine, but when I boot XP Pro, it restarts (even in safe mode) during the Windows boot up.  Surely I can get the thing to boot from a PATA even with SATA drivers installed - what's the trick?

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus]

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)