From: Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. et al. v. Grokster,Ltd., et al.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:48:40 -0300

At 01:42 PM 06/07/2005, Hayes Elkins wrote:

That's what demo software is for. Fully working demo software is available for just about any kind of app today. These days, acquiring a pirated version is growing harder to legitimize with the try-before-buy defense.

Except that the demos I've tried are often either crippled or buggy. Often it's like taking a test drive in the same model car, but from a previous year.

Anyway, my point was just that you were using the term "injustice" incorrectly. I don't really care about your opinion on actual P2P - unless you have some new arguments pro or con, which I doubt, because I think they've all been hashed out to death.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=injustice

in·jus·tice  n.
Violation of another's rights or of what is right; lack of justice.
A specific unjust act; a wrong.

Last I checked, stealing is wrong and stealing a pirated work is a violation of another's rights.