From: Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. et al. v. Grokster,Ltd., et al.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:07:17 -0300

At 03:59 PM 06/07/2005, Hayes Elkins wrote:
So a man who spends $50,000 to create an instructional video to sell on his website all of the sudden has his video is put on p2p and completely kills his sales (as evidenced by downloads from various BT trackers and the sales of prior video releases), forcing him to mortgage his house to make ends meet - this is not injustice?

Yes, but as you point out - it is a specific case. Justice is case by case - it can't be a blanket statement. Surely you can understand that.

Sometimes moral-relativism is such a cowardly security blanket to hide in.

And we've reached name calling.  Now you've definitely convinced me.

So you agree that my example is injust.

However there is no difference in the level of injustice between my example and a filthy rich company that pollutes water and kills cute kittens who has the same thing happen to their video release. Wrong is wrong.