At 03:09 PM 06/07/2005, Hayes Elkins wrote:
Downloading a ISO copy of a DVD movie you have not purchased is stealing. Stealing is universally wrong and punishable the world over. I think it is you that is misunderstanding the incredibly simple definition of injustice.

No, it's downloading - keeping it or selling it might be stealing - but one would have to prove lost revenue to the original party. But in either case, whether or not it was the "just" thing to do is always in question. It would be illegal under the current laws of course, which is what I think you mean.