-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thane Sherrington
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:13 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. et al. v. Grokster,Ltd.,
et al.

At 03:59 PM 06/07/2005, Hayes Elkins wrote:
>So a man who spends $50,000 to create an instructional video to sell on
>his website all of the sudden has his video is put on p2p and completely
>kills his sales (as evidenced by downloads from various BT trackers and
>the sales of prior video releases), forcing him to mortgage his house to
>make ends meet - this is not injustice?

Here's another thought on this:  Did he really lose $50,000 due to P2P, or
was he priced out of the market and never would have sold enough to cover
costs to begin with?  People blame business failures on all sorts of things
- sometimes they're right, and sometimes it's just a scapegoat.  I'm not
sure which it is in this case.