Many ways to go about doing this, generally this a permissions issue on the
machine hosting the shared directory.

Try mapping the drive from "My Computer" using  Tools > Map Network Drive. Fill
in the appropriate share path then click the text link that reads "Connect
using a different name" you can enter a different username/password there. If
you check the box to reconnect at logon it will continue to map the drive after
a reboot.

The command for creating shares is "net use", its good for scripts or autostart
stuff.

net use [DriveLetter:] "[\\ComputerName\ShareName]" password /user:username

net use N: "\\computer-1\thanes warez" foobar /user:foo

-Tharin O.

Thane Sherrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I have two XP Pro machines.  I'm
sharing a folder on one and mapping
it on the other and drive N: - it wants a username/password (which
has to be entered each time.)  I know I've setup XP Pro like this
where it just remembered the password and didn' t prompt
everytime.  How do I do this so it just maps on boot up and doesn't bother me?