I think the mapping method from My Computer that allows you to save the
name/password is present in XP Home as well as XP Professional.

One problem with the "reconnect at logon" (persistent drive maps) option is if
the host system with the shared folders is offline Windows will show an error
box on logon that indicates the path wasnt accessible and something like an
ok/cancel choice to delete the mapped drive. The user unknowingly deletes the
drive map and then they cant get in at all until the mapped drive is recreated.
If you use a logon script with the net use command it will always map the drive
at startup and its harder for the end user to mess up something that couldn't
be fixed by a reboot. If you'd rather not run the command at startup you could
just make a batch file to run the command. Since I do work at a lot of small
offices that are just peer-to-peer its common that these sort of quirks will
occur. I will type the commands into notepad and save it as FixDrives.bat in
the %systemroot% folder of each workstation. Next time the phone rings and I'm
troubleshooting I can tell them to enter
 "fixdrives" in Run or at a command prompt.

-Tharin O.

FORC5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: any idea if this works in XP Home ?

Have never had a problem with pro, seems there is always the little check box
to remember which is NOT on home machines. I have had to do the same user/pw on
customer boxen to keep them all on their networks and figure there has to be a
way to have home remember. Some obscure tool that is not there.

Thanks