You can make the case for home users to use Vista.  I wouldn't, but
the case can be made.  The problem is for business users.  There is
not a single good reason for them to upgrade to Vista and in fact a
lot of bad reasons.

What improvements have Microsoft added to Vista?  DX10 gaming, HD and
BluRay video playback (via HDCP and lots of DRM of course), cool
window animations and glassy effects.  NONE of those should be used in
the average workplace and in fact if I were an IT administrator I
would say they are an argument AGAINST installing Vista.  The added
DRM "features" to the audio and video subsystem is already causing all
sorts of unforeseen "glitches".  The Aero desktop just means that you
have to go out and add either lots of new video cards and/or RAM
and/or new machines.  And the new interface means that users that were
just getting used to the old interface are now lost again.  All of
that means tons more support calls and lots of frustration for your IT
staff.

So when Microsoft announces that it will be soon dropping all support
for Windows XP there is a very good reason for business IT people to
petition against it.

On Jan 15, 2008 12:52 PM, The Beave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is getting to be ridiculous. Yes, Vista is different.  A lot of PC
> users do not grasp on how to use Vista. There are ways to turn off certain
> warnings and what not. In fact, if you have the hardware for it why not go
> vista? You'll miss out...
>
> The one thing I do not like about vista is the Audio control.  No more
> Directsound to hardware. It's all done in HAL (Not the 2001 Computer
> either). This makes a lot of gamers pissed off, especially when they use
> SDPIF to connect to their speaker system.
>
> I remember not so far back that XP was getting the same, if not more of the
> same treatment.  BTW, I've been told Mac's new OS is faster than Vista. Who
> knows.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim "The Beave" Lider
> MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.myspace.com/dowbeave

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation