Dunno but if their like compaq recovery disks, your
only choice is full re-install
and no just reinstalling some app from the bundle. The
use some whack archiving
system that hands you a pack of CD's that can't be
used in any other way.

The one dell version that was floating around did not
need activation but certainly
had an embedded key. IIRC SP'ing it broke the no
activate functionality until you
manually replaced some file on the cd with others from
the SP. Thus one would assume
you could make almost any version no activation
assuming you have a legit key to embed.

FORC5 wrote:
> Checking HP for purchase recovery disk sets,
impressed. Less the $20.

> Dumb question, do HP recovery disks ask for keys ?
I only ask this because the laptop has media center in
it and I do not care for it and would rather order
pro.  I know the Dell RTM's do not ask for key or
activations, shame the rest of us have to play mother
may I >:-}

> thanks
> fp

Be a better friend, newshound, and