Hear, Hear, I definitely agree with you on that!

My facebook has only a distorted partial picture of me, and email address/etc only available to friends. No page after page of pictures, likes&dislikes, etc. I mostly use facebook for keeping in track with friends and others who DO use it a lot. I hate reading people's updates every 15 minutes--"Going to shower, brb!" "Done showering, eating cereal!" "finished cereal, getting smashed!" etc

I learned to like facebook a lot more after I found that you can untag yourself from photos, limit what actions of yours (the "newsfeed") that others see, disable the Wall, etc

Scott