From: CW <tmse...@rlrnews.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 8:15:01 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Unusual Active Directory Q

You know, I spent today after we got done with solving the AD doing their new
Point of sales.. little units that handle their software (it's Jonas if anyone
is familiar: http://www.jonasclub.com/ )  Anyway, outside of the fact their
touch screens are old school (COM port driven) and Chit printer technology
still is crap, we spent the day converting boxes and putting in new POS systems
that run off Mini-ITX Intel Atom 330 MB.

I'm not saying I'd use it for my desktop, but the Atom 330/board combo is
decently faster, a better choice then most microatx/cheap celeron combos, and I
have nothing bad to say about it.  You can find those boards for like $80
945G+Atom330 onboard.  One of the best bangs/buck out there, period.  I'm going
to use another one, slap a USB Mediareader in it, boot to USB for a
ClarkConnect Firewall.

We get so focused on the high end, but I can't think of anything at all bad to
say about this board.  Nothing, absolutely nothing.