I'm getting one to replace the hd in my dell Lattitude LT...and also for the boot drive in my desktop.

On the laptop, I send a lot of time waiting for the damn thing to boot up. It takes so damn long that frequently I don't want to boot it.

On the desktop, Win7 seems to have these long pauses while doing who knows what on the HD.

Seems like SSD will be the most impactful upgrade for of all time....just wish the prices were lower and the capacities higher.

John R Steinbruner wrote:
+1

Yeah that.....  :)

I've told 3-4 people just this week that it now "feels like how the computer should
have responded all along".

You know how on a good system you can open MS Word in say, 3-4 seconds, then if you close it, then immediately open it again whilst the software is still cached, and it opens in like 1 second the second time?

Well, that's how the SSD system feels all the time..

Phenomenal...