From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of maccrawj
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:08 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Win2K/XP to Vista/Win7

And all the benefits of running as an administrators group account are lost.

UAC is not worth shit, more of an annoyance. Now on the other hand the shit
M$ pulled
with Trusted Installer rather than Admins owning everything among other
not-just-out-of-the-box-and-fixable-NO-permanent impairments to
administering a box.

To this day I do not see how a domain admin is not on par or superior to the

bulitin\administrator, but UAC and other security FUBARs seem to make my
domain admin
account nearly useless for non-UAC aware apps even UAC aware ones. Moronic,
if I want
to run as an admin & chance infecting myself that is my choice! If I have a
domain, I
expect domain admins have as many rights or more than local ones.

"poorly written" software? LOL, try anything written before Vista that you
now have
to fork out $$$ for updates to deal with M$ redefining the landscape yet
again in a
decade. You want to talk poorly written, then let's discuss why M$ made it
so that
multiple drive letter installs are certified to fail (C:\windows; D:\Program
Files)
unlike previous Windows that had zero issues with doing so.