I recently purchased an Acer P244W monitor which is now running as Monitor Type: Default Monitor.
I can not get WinXP/SP2 to recognize it as an Acer P244W.
It did not ship with any WinXP drivers.
I've been googling for hours and all I can find is a Vista .inf file (on Acer web site and elsewhere) - which Win/XP doesn't like.

I wouldn't mind running as Default Monitor except I can not stretch my screen image to fill the rightmost side of my monitor (missing about 1 inch). I've tries using the nVidia utilities installed on my comp to stretch the screen image, but no joy.
Does anyone know where I can look to find a WinXP .inf file for this monitor?
Are there any free/open source utilities that would allow me to manage the screen image on this monitor?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks,
Mike Resnick

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin

PS. Please note that I have switched to my GMAIL address - mike...@gmail.com
Please update your email / address book / contact list accordingly.
Thanks