Didn't yield anything new.
Thanks for sending.

Mike

At 04:23 PM 3/22/2010, Jeff Lane wrote:
Mike,

Did you get the user manual that I sent you off list?

Jeff

Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: [H] Acer P244W 24" Monitor - Looking for WinXP .inf Driver

Sam ,

The "program" in question is WinXP/SP2 at startup.
I would think that my desktop size should fill the monitor at startup.
My resolution is set to the monitors native resolution - 1920x1080 @60Hz.
As a matter of fact, no matter what resolution I choose the rightmost
inch of the monitor is black and does not show the desktop.

Mike

At 12:12 PM 3/22/2010, Sam Franc wrote:
>Have you thought that the program may be setting the maximum size it
>will show on the screen.
>On my new tv the size of the picture on the screen varies with the
>program being broadcast.
>Some fill the screen and some are short on the sides.
>Sam
>
>On 3/22/2010 12:09 AM, Michael Resnick wrote:
>>Derrick,
>>
>>I usually blame myself, then software, then hardware - in that order.
>>But I'm beginning to suspect/hope that you're right.
>>
>>Yes, as a matter of fact, Auto Adjust does leave the rightmost inch blank.
>>
>>I'll keep playing with the monitor and see what happens.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mike Resnick

>>>What you are describing is potentially a fault in the display panel
>>>itself,  where the pixels from the right edge of the panel are dead.
>>>This can be caused by a failure in the chip driving the vertical rows
>>>of those pixels.
>>>
>>>I suspect that if you use "Auto Adjust" you loose the right most inch of
>>>the display.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Best Regards:
>>>              Derrick.
>>>              Running Open SuSE 11.1 KDE 3.5.10 Desktop.
>>>              Pontefract Linux Users Group.
>>>              plug @ play-net.co.uk

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin

PS. Please note that I have switched to my GMAIL address - mike...@gmail.com
Please update your email / address book / contact list accordingly.
Thanks