From: Scoobydo <swza...@yahoo.com>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Sent: Fri, May 21, 2010 2:59:23 PM
Subject: Re: [H] Odd CPU issue

If you've had experience of several bad CPU's then you must be a system builder
with hundreds of builds under your belt. I'm just a hobbyist and have only
built 20 or so boxes over the years and I've never even heard of anyone having
a CPU go bad until you said it. Bad mobo's, PSU's, hardrives, floppies, optical
drives, video cards, RAM, fans etc. I've seen it all with the single exception
of the processor. CPU's are by far the most reliable component of any PC,
period. Intel and AMD deserve great respect for that major accomplishment. Of
course static electricity can kill one pretty easily but that's not "going
bad", that's user error. Somewhere in this area in a land fill is my original
IBM PS/2 486 SX-25 and I'd bet anything that if it were buried functional with
no bent or broken pins it would still run if socketed in a working box. I
really believe that..

--Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/