Thane,
Yes. This one is interesting. I follow this thread.
But, you have many more m/b's to test with than I. Still this one is most odd.......... ? I do so wish I was a BIOS-maven but I am not. I suffer with it on each new tech m/b I buy. I would suspect that the cpu VR's on the m/b have taken a dive. The replacement cpu that you tried did not press them hard enough; so, they just worked OPSNORML once again. JMHO. You always do share good problems! Do you perhaps have ash fallout from the Iceland volcano ATM?
If so, all bets are off........... :)
Best,
Duncan