Thane,
Well NO. It is NOT so much an OPEN business; though NOW IT IS. Never was, til now (Foxit V4, I suspect). Foxit always popped up and opened whatever online PDF. And I could SAVE TO, PRINT, or whatever.
This may suck. I have already updated all of my LAN clients to V4 Foxit!
This addy really likes Foxit!

NOW, I get a non-visible window that I have no idea what just took place, and I am done. But, I also suspect what/where the PDF went.
XP seems to not like Foxit alot. JMHO.
Yes, I do find IT/them. IT/Them end up RIGHT where I wish to change.
I suspect USER stupid. JMHO.

You always ask good questions. BTW, "Save Link As" rarely if ever pops up or works! Perhaps another XP switch. Just do not know.
Still happy with XP. It is very solid!
Best,
Duncan