At 02:59 PM 11/18/2013, you wrote:
Careful with wiping and trying again.  Windows 8 auto-activates and you
might not be able to get past that.

well I already did go back to Win 7... so you are saying Win 8 might not activate the next time... I went back within an hour so I don't know if it had time to do this.

 That said, there is no real "upgrade"
path from windows 7 to windows 8.  All software will need to be
reinstalled.  It tries to migrate things like my documents and stuff, but
even that isn't that great, with it losing your desktop settings, etc.