At 03:48 PM 20/03/2014, Bryan Seitz wrote:

> Update 1 for Windows 8.1 which is considered a major fix that
> addresses the concerns for desktop users is due out April 8

Yeah? Like ability to choose / toggle metro?  Full start bar back?

Not a full start bar, but apparently some sort of one. You can select to boot to desktop mode, which is a plus, but it's still ugly as fuck, and probably just as wonky as it is right now. The problem with 8 (and 8.1 and 8.1.1) is it's really version 1.0 (sort of like Vista). MS seems hell bent on destroying itself, but maybe Nadella can fix things.

The easiest thing for him to do (which would win him all sorts of love) would be to make Windows 7 current OS and sell it in tandem with 8. If I were him, I'd charge $10 a year for Windows XP updates and keep support Windows XP until it isn't profitable (which would be years).