I know this isn't a computer question, but figured there might be some on
the list who have some expertise that can help me figure out this pesky
question.

Two years ago we remodeled our basement, and I ran speaker cables for a 7.1
setup. I used good quality 14AWG CL2 cable, and HDMI for the video.
Everything goes back to a Yamaha A/V receiver.

Almost immediately I noticed that there was faint sounds coming from the
speakers unrelated to what was playing. It's gotten worse over time, to the
point where now it is clearly identifiable as WFED AM 1500 radio station,
about 10 miles away. It's loud and clear to the point where the radio is
just as loud as the source audio with volume set to -40 dB, and if the
volume is set lower than that the radio is louder. The radio comes through
no matter what I seem to do. Muting the A/V receiver, switching inputs,
it's still there.

Clearly there's some sort of interference going on, but I can't seem to
identify the source. It comes through all the speakers at about equal
level, suggesting it's being broadcast and amplified from the receiver and
not just randomly being picked up by the wires. The wires are not
extraordinarily long - about 20 ft for the rear surrounds. I actually had
the same receiver in a previous house that was much closer to the radio
station, but didn't have any problems. All the inputs to the receiver are
HDMI (Fios TV box, HTPC, WiiU), so it's hard to see how they could be
picking up interference.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

---------
Brian