Hi,

I have had some issues going on with my pc for several months now.

There are two issues.

1.      Once every several weeks or so, I get a bluescreen -
IPI_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.  I can live with this one.  Things that I have tried
to fix this do not seem to have helped.
2.      The big issue is that my PC keeps locking up.  This happens from 0-5
times per day.  I may go 3 days without it happening and then have it happen
3 times in one day.  Here are some details:

a.      When it locks up, the HD activity light is doing a very fast, steady
flash.
b.      There is no warning when it will happen.
c.      It happens whether I am using the PC or not.
d.      Seems to happen more often overnight than during the day. But not
always.
e.      When it locks up, I can still move the mouse cursor and move
windows.  I cannot close a window or start another program.
f.      When it locks up when not using PC, sometimes the login screen image
will show, sometimes not.
g.      CTL-Alt-Delete does nothing when locked.
h.      PC stays up 24/7.  No sleep or hibernation.
i.      When it locks up, if the system is recording a show (from a
networked TV Tuner), the recording stops, so I assume that most apps are not
still running when it locks up.
j.      If a recording was scheduled while it is locked up, nothing is
created.
k.      To reset, I have to press and hold the power button until the system
turns off.
l.      Through trial and error, it seems that turning off letting the
monitors going to sleep seems to have lessened the frequency of the lock
ups.  I am not sure if this was not just a coincidence.

Here are my system specs:

*       Asus X99 Deluxe-II MB
*       Intel i7-6850k CPU (not overclocked)
*       Asus GeForce GTX 1070
*       Corsair water cooler
*       Corsair 32GB RAM
*       Samsung 960 Pro SSD (512GB) - OS
*       Samsung 860 EVO SSD 1TB
*       WD 5TB Black
*       Pioneer Blu Ray drive
*       Dual monitors
*       Corsair HX-850 PSU
*       Corsair K70 LUX keyboard
*       Logitech MX Master mouse
*       Windows 10 Pro - 2004 - 19041.508

I am not too keen on a nuke and install.  It would take me forever to get
everything back the way it was.  But I am not ruling that out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby