The story "Stone Soup" is found in many cultures, including ours. I just did a
quick peek at Amazon and found many versions. The book Sheryl is talking about
is "Could Anything Be Worse?" I know of two Jewish versions of it, the other
called "It Could Always Be Worse," I think. I'm sure this has a generic version
as well. Go for it, Eileen!

Cheers,
Lois

L OIS RUBY
www.loisruby.com
Author of ...
Steal Away Home and Soon Be Free
The Secret of Laurel Oaks
Rebel Spirits and The Doll Graveyard (now in Scholastic Book Fairs!)
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER #LoisRubyWriter