Hello,

Sorry to be coming in to this conversation so late. I just moved across
country and am coming up for air.

When I ran ForWordsBooks as a book fair company, I offered many books from
Christian Publishers. However, I read each and every one of them
individually and looked for "hidden" Christian content. As a Jew by Choice
who was raised as a Catholic, I am aware of those underlying images and
words that may have a double meaning within the story, or images in "Old
Testament" stories that are not appropriate for a Jewish audience -
kneeling while praying comes to mind. '
There is absolutely nothing wrong with many of the biblical  retellings
coming from these publishers. You just have to be careful and vigilant in
looking at them all.

Kathy Bloomfield

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:40 AM, librar...@templesinaiatlanta.org <
librar...@templesinaiatlanta.org> wrote:

> Zondervan also publishes the NIV (New International Version) Bible that is
> widely used throughout American Christian churches (many times
> non-denominational churches), and a good deal of content by modern
> evangelical ministers.
>

> Whether you choose to include them in your library is your choice, but I
> would look at each book on an individual basis.
>

> Best,
>
> *Ashley Day*
>
> *Temple Sinai Atlanta*
>
> *Interim Librarian*
>
> 5645 Dupree Dr NW
>
> Atlanta, GA 30327
>
> 404-252-3073  Ext. 320 <(404)%20252-3073>
>
> librar...@templesinaiatlanta.org
>

> *“My library is an archive of longings.” –Susan Sontag*
>
> *-----*
>
> *“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” –Jorge
> Luis Borges*

Kathleen M. Bloomfield
Association of Jewish Libraries, President - Schools, Synagogues &
Libraries Division

http://forwordsbooks.com/
kids books that matter.

"The fact of knowing how to read is nothing,
the whole point is knowing what to read."
                                        - Jacques Ellul