Emily--

I think Geraldine Brooks' *The Secret Chord
<https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Chord-Novel-Geraldine-Brooks/dp/0143109766/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1506480165&sr=1-1&keywords=the+secret+chord>*
would fit for either Commandment 1 or 2. Brooks is such an excellent
writer, and her version of the David story shows him to be a much-flawed
person but totally devoted to God.

Perhaps *As a Driven Leaf
<https://www.amazon.com/As-Driven-Leaf-Milton-Steinberg/dp/0874419506/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1506480104&sr=1-1&keywords=as+a+driven+leaf>*by
Milton Steinberg for #5, Shabbat? During Talmudic R. Elisha ben Abuyah
struggles between the Jewish and Greek cultures.

If I think of others, I'll send.

Michal Strutin
Writer / Librarian

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Emily Bergman <emilyanneberg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a colleague at a Jesuit university here who's library has been
> leading an adult, Jewish book group for the community for the past 10
> years. To celebrate the 10 years, she's thinking of finding a book
> (hopefully fiction) that illustrates each of the 10 Commandments…so in
> other words, a book that deals with honoring one’s parents, a novel that
> has a plot about someone who covets his neighbor’s wife, etc.
>

> If you can think of some titles for her, contact Rhonda Rosen directly at
> rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Emily
>

> Emily Bergman
> Temple Sinai
> Glendale, CA
> emilyanneberg...@gmail.com
>
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> Ha-Safran Archives:
> Current:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.service.ohio-