Barbara, I found two books in my Temple collection that might be helpful:

   - *The Vanished Worlds of Jewry* by Raphael Patai (Macmillan, 1980) has
   a chapter on Yemen. More about the sweep of history than daily life, but
   there might be the odd nugget there.
   - *Exotic Jewish Communities* by Schifra Strizower (Thomas Yoseloff,
   1962). Includes some commentary by Brauer.

L'Shana Tovah!
Annette